Thursday, May 17, 2012

First Entry- Still in the U.S.A.

I’m so excited to head to Spain. I am slightly nervous, but it’s definitely more of an excited than scared nervous. I love traveling. I imagine Oviedo to be similar to San Diego temperature wise with cute little shops, nice people, and amazing food. I hope my host family experience will be great. I was able to briefly contact them over the phone and they sounded very nice.

The thing I am most nervous about is my performance in the actual Spanish classes that I will be taking over there. I’ve only taken Spanish 1010, so I really only know the very basics. I’m type A when it comes to school, so hopefully I’ll do alright.

Other than speaking Spanish in class, I’m excited to learn more about the language and take in as much as possible. I am a fast learner, so while I know I won’t be even close to being fluent when the program is over, I know I will learn a lot.

I’m most excited to learn about the culture, try and see new things, and make good friends with the other students in the program as well as my host family. I’m especially excited to explore the coast a little bit. I hope I come away from the program with a better understanding of life outside of the United States and a love for Spain and the Spanish language.

Stoked!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Elli, estoy feliz que conocemos tu en el aueropuerto. Espero viajando por sí mismo fue no miedo. Creo que vamos tener un buen tiempo aqui. Chau,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete